Thursday, December 29, 2005

M.S. Conferral Ceremony

I got my Masters Degree on December 18th, 2005. This was my first commencement ceremony. I had missed my undergraduate convocation (that's what the ceremony is called in Bangladesh). That was a great loss ... as the ceremony was a grand one ... with the Prime Minister of Bangladesh giving out the certificates. I got 2 gold medals for my undergraduate results (passing Summa Cum Laude). My wife, Jaria, attended that ceremony and got the awards on my behalf. Anyway, that's why my MS graduation ceremony was so important to me.

I took Jaria and some of my friends to the ceremony. I was impressed ... the ceremony was smooth and flawless. We didn't get the actual certificates, those will be mailed in about 2 months. But to attend the ceremony with the cermonial gowns and the orderly procession was a great feeling.

After the ceremony, we celebrated at our local Indian fast food restaurant.

I put more photos in my website's album pagesPosted by Picasa

No comments: